Having good communication starts with the ability to listen.
When it comes to speaking with our exes, it’s easy to slip into fear-based thinking that leaves all parties feeling frustrated and unheard.
In this episode, I’m breaking down the top five ways conscious listening can help you build stronger communication with your ex and improve your confidence and mindset when it comes to making your own needs known. We’ll explore how fear impacts our ability to listen, how to identify when you’ve stopped listening, and when nonverbal communication skills are critical to understanding.
Three Things You’ll Love About This Episode:
- Identify when you’re ready to start listening to your ex
- Many factors contribute to poor communication during the divorce. Learn how past events leave us feeling hurt, angry, or resentful, and how those feelings impact our ability to communicate today.
- Understand how listening can improve your relationship
- Learn how I saw my relationship with my ex reached new growth levels after slowly building trust over time.
- Clarify the difference between the stories we tell ourselves and the conversations with others
- Understand how fear can create new stories in our minds that have less to do with the people in our lives and more about the fear and resentment we’re holding onto.
3 Steps to Manage Your Emotions and Find Healthy Ways to Cope with Difficult Feelings
This is a sign that it's time to make a change. Stop allowing the struggles and sorrows to steal...
Take Control Of Your Financial Future and Create Abundance
The way to unlock abundance in your finances and in every aspect of your life lies in one word:...
Steps to Determine Whether Divorce Is the Right Decision for You
Marriage is hard. Deciding on divorce is even harder. We have this internal conflict about whether...